So much has happened since I have been here.
I’ve spent a week training in the capital city Phnom Penh.
I then spent another week in Cambodia’s second largest city Battambong, where we were based whilst we visited the village community placements in Banan and Kroas Kala.
I’ve discovered the joys of new friendship, avocado smoothies and Cambodian food in general. It’s 5am here and there is music being played, I think to do with a wedding?
I’m now in my placement in Banan and I’m really proud of the following :
- Independently going to the market and getting breakfast
- Using an outside loo and shower
- Not panicking too much as we sped around on a motorbike
- Putting up my mosquito net in my new room.
- Still remembering how to ride a bike.
My volunteers both Khmer and UK are here and super lovely folk. Project training for them starts tomorrow.
Well one of my lovelies has managed to get a nip on the leg by an over friendly dog so it’s off to the hospital for us.